Wednesday, September 5, 2012

5 Ways to Rock a High-Low Skirt

Hey guys! I decided to jump onboard with the high-low hemline trend. I found this amazing black chiffon skirt that is super flattering on my short frame. Here are some ways to style the skirt, no matter what your fashion style, so that you can rock it too! 

Outfit #1: Girly Twist
For the first outfit, I paired the skirt with a neon pink tank top. I cinched it in at the waist with a knot. I paired it with silver accessories, from the rhinestone crusted cardigan, to the silver clutch, to the chunky bangle. I finished the look off with nautical themed navy flats. 




Outfit #2: Indie Chic
The center of the outfit for me was my thrifted Neon Trees t-shirt which had already been cut into a crop top. I added equally worn-in accessories, such as the jean jacket (previously my grandmother's) and crimson messenger bag. The final touches were the bronze jewelry pieces which matched the hardware of the purse. [The shoes are Coach- not very hipster of me.] 




Outfit #3: Feminine and Edgy 
The main top is a bowtie sleeveless chiffon shirt, (previously seen here!)  which I layered a black vest over. Going along with the dark theme are my ankle boots which I wore around all last winter. To liven up the look, I added a melon colored clutch. I also added mixed metal jewelry. 




 Outfit #4: Casually bohemian 
The focal piece here is the puce colored floral crop top. I added earth toned accessories to make the skirt more casual. There's the wooden beaded necklace, the worn in faux-leather bag, and brown suede oxford shoes. 




 Outfit #5: Classy and Polished
This is my favorite outfit! The theme is a mostly monochromatic color scheme. Up top we have an ivory lace top tucked into the skirt and an ebony handbag. Moving lower, we have gray oxford shoes. The only pop of color comes from the turquoise jewelry, which stands out quite a bit against the black skirt. 




Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed today's post!
<3 Lucero 

No comments:

Post a Comment