Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August Birchbox 2012

Hey everybody!

Here are the products I got in my August birchbox. The theme was back to school, and contained beauty essentials. Even the information card looked like an info pamphlet. 



The first product I picked up was the Schick razor and is the Birchbox "extra" (which I find odd, since it's the only full sized product). I really needed to throw out my old razor, so this was perfect! So far, I like it because it's lined with some sort of moisturizer and has 5 blades. 



Next we have the beauty fixation cuticle conditioner. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I think the idea is pretty nifty. There are 24 cotton swabs that are hollowed out in the plastic part, and filled with the cuticle conditioner. In order to release the conditioner, simply twist one end of the swab (think glow stick!). 


Here we have two products from Wei. The first is the Pomegranate Buffing Beads, which are dry and gritty beads that you add to your regular face cleanser. It helps with exfoliation, and I enjoyed the smell!  The other product is the Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask, which I'm excited to use. 


Then we have the fragrance sample, which typically comes in most if not all of the boxes. This one comes from Juicy Couture, and in the Viva La Juicy "La Fleur" perfume. I'm not a fan of the original scent, but I'm surprised to find that I like this one! It has a fun, flirty, floral scent as the name suggests. 


Lastly we have some Stila single-use face samples. This little packet includes a BB cream, foundation, and concealer. However, I'm not sure if I can use it since the foundation and concealers seem several shades too dark. 


Here's an overview of all of the entire box, to get a sense of scale amongst the samples. Overall, I'm once again pleased with this month's box. I think my favorite product is the razor, even though it's so practical! 


Until next time,
<3 Lucero



No comments:

Post a Comment