Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Colored Mascara

Hey everybody! 

I've spent the last couple of weeks searching high and low for Maybelline's new limited edition colored mascara. Finally, I was able to find them at a local Walgreen's! I couldn't decide on a single color, so I did what any logical person would do and bought one of each. I must have been in luck, since all Maybelline makeup happened to be "Buy One, Get One %50 Off". 

Here are all four of the colors. The come in a baby blue "Totally Teal", a royal blue "Blink of Blue", a vibrant violet "Pop of Purple" and winter forest green "Go Go Green". 

*Note: I primed my lashes with a white cream eyeshadow prior to each application. Otherwise, the colors wouldn't have shown up so well on my dark lashes.


The first color I tried out was "Go Go Green." It applied more vibrantly than I expected! All of the mascaras were pretty standard, as far as length and volume are concerned. 




Next up we have "Blink of Blue." I think this is the color I would use more on a daily basis without a primer, since the dark blue supposedly makes the whites of the eyes appear brighter! 




"Totally Teal" gave the most dramatic look to my lashes, since the color is so light. I was impressed with the vibrancy, and I can see myself using this on my lower lashes for an unexpected pop of color! 




"Pop of Purple" provided a nice, deep purple finish to my lashes. I expected more of a pink toned purple, and found that this looked very similar to "Blink of Blue." 




Ultimately, I'm super excited about these mascaras, and can't wait to use them more! 

Until next time,
<3 Lucero

No comments:

Post a Comment