Monday, November 26, 2012

Global Village Adventure

Hey everybody! My parents and I recently went on a nightly excursion to Global Village here in Dubai. It's a shopping, entertainment, and leisure center that has pavilions from different countries. Each pavilion has food and other items native to that country. We spent close to 4 hours walking around to the different venues. I found it very amusing "going" to different parts of the world ("hey, want to walk to India?") The weather was in our favor, and made for a very lovely night. 




I got Afghanistan and Vietnam all in one photo! Haha!

I love the bright colors! Sari I'm not sari. 

A man in Afghanistan was hard at work weaving a carpet. 

Africa was my favorite venue! [ignore the fact that Africa is a continent and not a country.]

Tunisia reminded me a lot of Greek architecture. So cute!

So many shoes in India!
This is by far my favorite picture of the night. These are lanterns from Turkey. 

China was filled with everything sold at the other venues. Haha!

Global Village also had carousels and other fun rides. 



The night's loot! Africa surprised me, it had the coolest jewelry. 


I hope you enjoyed! Until next time,
<3 Lucero 

No comments:

Post a Comment