Tuesday, October 30, 2012

October 2012 Birchbox

Hey everybody! Today I received my October birchbox, and the theme was transformations. So, this box contains samples focused on jazzing up your everyday routine. 


The first sample is a Harvey Prince fragrance, in the scent Eau Flirt. Normally, I'm not too fond of fragrance samples since they usually smell grandmotherly. However, I really like this perfume since it contains citrus and jasmine notes for an all around fresh and fruity scent. But that's not the best part! It claims to be clinically proven to attract men. See, this saves a lot of time for me. Instead of making a milkshake to bring all the boys to my yard, this scent can apparently do that for me. How nice!

The next product is the Mox Botanicals Pomegranate & Fig Lip Butter. I'm a huge lip balm junkie, and I hope that this lives up to my beloved EOS lip balm! It seems to have the same thick consistency, and smells wonderful! Even though I'm not a huge fan of the potted packaging, I'm willing to give this a shot. 

Next we have the City Sunscreen Serum by Supergoop! I'm not entirely sure why it's called a "city sunscreen", but I'm really interested in a serum form of sunscreen. I'm hoping it doesn't leave a white cast, since high-SPF sunscreens have a tendency to do that. 

I'm super excited for this sample! I've heard only great things about theBalm Cosmetics, and I've been itching to try some of their products for months now. The Mary-Lou Manizer in particular has had great reviews, and I can't wait to try it! From what I've swatched of it, the highlighter seems very creamy and leaves a nice sheen, not obnoxious chunks of glitter. I also adore the fabulous packaging! 

Last, we have the lifestyle extra with is the LUNA Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter bar. I've also heard great things about LUNA, and have wondered about it for quite a while now. I love energy and protein bars for breakfast or snacks on the go. The last food extra I was sent in my birchbox was the KIND bar, which I fell in love with! As a result, I have high hopes for this bar. 

Here's an overview of my box. This box was a bit lighter than usual, but I'm excited for a majority of the samples in here. I definitely prefer quality over quantity! 

I hope you enjoyed! 
<3 Lucero 

Song of the Day: Little Things by One Direction

No comments:

Post a Comment