Tuesday, October 2, 2012

September Beauty Favorites 2012

Hey everybody! Here are my beauty favorites for September. 

First, we have Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara. This is a sample size, and I'm so glad I've gotten to try it out! It's an absolute dream. It provides lots of volume and length, and provides a very black color. Also, my favorite part is how it doesn't crease or smudge or flake throughout the day. The biggest problem I have with mascara is flakiness, and this hasn't let me down! 



Next we have the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. The one shown here is in Romantic, but I love the entire line! It provides a decent amount of color, with great lasting power. I prefer these over the regular stains because the balm also hydrates the lips. 


Next we have the Naked 2 palette by Urban Decay. Many bloggers rave about this palette, and for good reason! It has lots of neutral colors that are perfect for everyday. Each shadow is richly pigmented and doesn't crease, especially if paired with an eye primer for oily lids. I prefer it over the original Naked palette because the color selection in my opinion is better, and the packaging is more sturdy. 





Also from Urban Decay, we have the De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray. This goes on before and after foundation, concealer, and other face products are applied. It has helped me a lot with shine control. It doesn't keep me completely shine free in these hot desert days, but it's the best product I've used. 

Next up we have the Laura Geller Bake-n-Brignten powder in Honey Dipped. It's a gorgeous golden powder that I like to use in place of blush. It provides a wonderfully warm, shimmery glow that brightens up the skin

 Here's the Butter London nail polish in Jaffa. It's a wonderful orange color that's perfect for transitioning from summer to autumn. It's bright enough to sport during the summer, but has a lovely pumpkin tone that easily brings it into fall. I love Butter London polishes as they dry quickly, and only need two coats to get full coverage. 

 Next I have the Jemma Kidd Mannequin Skin concealer/ highlighter duo in 02 Mid-dark. I hardly ever use the highlighter, but I love the concealer! It's got a peachy under tone that makes it fabulous for under eye circles. It is creamy, so to prevent creasing I have to set it with a powder. But overall, I think it's fabulous and I don't know why it took me so long to dig it out of my makeup drawer! 

 The final item on my list has been a holy grail item for over a year now. It's the Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer in Almond. It's great, because it's extremely light weight and gives decent coverage. It never feels heavy and has also worked well with my problematic skin. I recommend it for anybody who wants coverage without the heaviness of foundation! 


These have been my September favorites, and I look forward to trying out new products. Until next time, 
<3 Lucero 

Song of the Day: Bruises by Chairlift 

No comments:

Post a Comment