Tuesday, October 22, 2013

DIY Jewelry Upcycling

Hi everybody!
I'm a big fan of costume jewelry. They're inexpensive and fun to wear, but sometimes I get tired of my old pieces. Instead of throwing them out, I like to upcycle them with nail polish. This is a good way to create an entirely new piece of jewelry from what you already have, as well as add a creative touch to your jewelry.

You'll need inexpensive jewelry, and assorted nail polish colors.

One trick I like to do is cover the rhinestones with nail polish. I find that too many rhinestones can look a bit tacky. Covering them with nail polish helps them look more like semi-precious jewels instead. For more precision, use a bobby pin to apply the polish instead of the brush.

I also like to ombré my jewelry. Pick a handful of polishes with a similar color scheme. Apply the colors to the jewelry piece one my one, blending with a cotton pad in between colors. This helps smooth out the transition between colors.



Here are the finished jewelry pieces along with other rings and necklaces I've revamped over the years.

I hope you enjoyed!
<3 Lucero

Song of the Day: Plain Gold Ring by Kimbra

No comments:

Post a Comment