Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday's Fall Favorites

Hi everybody!

With Dubai finally feeling a little bit like autumn, I've made the transition into all of my favorite fall things!

Makeup: On the left, I have the Eyeko Magic Mascara that I received as a sampler in my monthly Birchbox. It adds lovely volume and length to the lashes, which I really enjoy. This formulation is waterproof, which I usually don't wear, but it isn't difficult to remove at all. Next is Rimmel London's lasting finish lipstick in Amethyst Shimmer. It's a wonderful wine color, perfect for fall! I also am really enjoying the Diorskin Nude skin-perfecting concealer. It's lightweight and highly pigmented, perfect for covering up undereye circles. Maybelline's Lash Stiletto liner has been a favorite product of mine for months, because it makes winged liner a breeze. Finally, I've been loving the Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation. It gives a lovely natural finish and is longlasting.

Books: Technically, Allegiant by Veronica Roth isn't a favorite yet. I've just started reading it, but it's the last in the Divergent trilogy, which is one of my absolute favorite book series to date! It has a similar to feel the Hunger Games, with the futuristic dystopian society and inklings of romance.

Food: I love pumpkin spiced flavored foods and drinks. Oddly enough, I actually am not a fan of actual pumpkin pie, but will gladly ingest pumpkin spiced lattes. When I can't make a Starbucks run, I like to make Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice coffee at home. I also really like the pumpkin flavored Hershey Kisses. Be warned, they are incredibly sweet! The fun-sized Kit Kats aren't pumpkin flavored, but they are dyed orange, which is just as good!

Fragrance: Now that fall is upon us, I am thrilled to break out my cooler weather fragrances! My favorite at the moment is Bath and Body Works' Twisted Peppermint, since it smells like candy. I also like the holiday themed hand sanitizers, because there's nothing like killing germs with flair. I like the scents Vampire Blood, Rudy's Cocoa Mint, and Dasher's Apple Mint.

Fitness: My mom and I are planning to run in the Dubai Women's 10k run in November, so I've been training in order to keep up with her. What makes running the most comfortable for me is the proper footwear, as my feet are flatfooted. I am a big fan of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 13, but I can't necessarily recommend it for everybody. It's a quality shoe, but you should choose based on your own foot needs. I also like the Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS watch. Since I do most of my training outdoors, it's helpful to have this watch tell me my total distance and time. Additionally, if you plug it into the computer, you can upload your runs to your Garmin account, where it also tells you other facts about your run such as weather and elevation.

I hope you enjoyed!
<3 Lucero

Song of the Day: Dark Horse by Katy Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment