Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Journal Inspiration

Hey everybody!

I've recently gotten better at keeping journals around for lists and ideas and such. I have to admit, my favorite part of getting a new journal is decorating them! Moleskine journals are perfect for this, because they come in a variety of solid colors, and I really like the how the pages are lined, the spacing is perfect for my small handwriting.

This first journal is covered in Egyptian stamps. At some point when I was in middle school, I really wanted to collect stamps. I'm not sure why I wanted to, but I didn't collect very many. It turns out stamp collecting is easier when you actually send and receive letters. Anyways, when I spotted a stamp booklet in a gift shop in Egypt, I grabbed them immediately and really never had a use for them until now. I currently use this journal (fittingly, I might add) to document my attempts at learning Arabic.


This second journal has an instagram photo of mine pasted onto it. I really liked the idea of cutting up pictures, and interlacing two together. However, I accidentally cut the one shown here vertically, and the other horizontally. Thus, I decided to just use one photo for this journal. I mostly use this journal for various lists and things to remember.


The last journal I made myself from an old H&M bag. The inside is filled with 8.5 x 11 printer paper cut in half. The key to getting the papers to lie flat is to cut half of them with 1 inch slits at the top and bottom, along halfway fold. The other half of your papers should have a giant slit down the middle, beginning and ending 1 inch from their respective borders. You should then be able to slide 1 paper with top and bottom cuts inside 1 paper with the giant lengthwise cut, and stack accordingly. Stapling the papers together also works just fine.



I hope you enjoyed!
<3 Lucero

Song of the Day: Don't Let Me Fall by Lenka

No comments:

Post a Comment